If you’re looking for a fun way to spend an evening with friends, online karaoke is the perfect solution! It’s easier than you think! Video chat services like Zoom make it easy to host karaoke sessions with friends from all over the world.
In this article, I’ll walk you through the steps of setting up a karaoke session online. I’ll also recommend some of the best karaoke apps out there. Let’s get started!
Setting Up a Karaoke Session Online
The first step is to set up a meeting on a video conferencing app like Zoom, then save the invite link. Then create a room on Watch2Gether, a website that allows users to watch videos together online; it makes sure the videos are in sync. If you don’t have an account, you can create one for free. As the host, you must create your playlist ahead to ensure a seamless session.
Once everyone has joined the meeting, it’s time to get started! The host of the karaoke session will need to create a karaoke playlist then everyone can participate in the fun!
How to Host Karaoke Online With Zoom
Zoom is one of the best online meeting platforms out there, and it’s perfect for hosting online karaoke sessions. It is easy to set up and straightforward to use. Here’s how to do it:
- First, you’ll need to create a Zoom meeting. You can do this by going to zoom.us and clicking the “Create Meeting” button.
- Next, you’ll need to add your friends to the meeting. To do this, click the “Add” button and enter their email addresses. You may also schedule the party in advance by sending a calendar invite for a future date.
- Include the link for the Watch2Gether room in the meeting invite to allow your friends to join in on the fun!
- Once everyone has joined the meeting, it’s time to start singing! The host of the karaoke session will need to start a karaoke playlist on Watch2Gether, YouTube, or another online service.
- In the Watch2Gether room, type your desired song title or artist name in the search bar and click the ‘+’ symbol to add the song. Add ‘karaoke’ to your song search to find the best lyrics videos.
- For videos that may be unavailable on Watch2gether, play the song on YouTube in another app.
- When your song comes up, unmute your mic and sing your solo; have a great time!
- You can also choose to record your performance. To do this, click the “Record” button in the bottom toolbar.
Best Tips for a Zoom Karaoke Session
Here are some tips to make your online karaoke session a success:
- Make sure you have a good internet connection. Nothing is more frustrating than having buffering problems in the middle of a song!
- Ensure everyone has the Zoom app installed and ready to go before the party starts.
- Ensure that your playback volume is turned high on your device and Watch2gether. You don’t want to miss any of the lyrics!
- All mics except the singers should be on mute to minimize background noise.
- If someone has trouble joining the meeting, ask them to check their email for the invite link or add them manually.
- Use a headset with a microphone for the best karaoke experience.
- Keep in mind that not everyone may have a microphone, so their singing volumes may not be so loud.
- The host should be in charge of pausing and skipping songs as needed and managing the queue.
Hosting online karaoke sessions with friends is a great way to have fun and bond. With Zoom and other video conferencing apps, it’s easy to have some fun with friends from all over the world!
With a bit of preparation, you can set up an online karaoke party in no time. I recommend using Zoom for its ease of use and reliability. And be sure to check out Watch2Get her for the best karaoke experience. Happy singing!