Some of the most popular musical instruments that start with the letter A are the Accordion, Acoustic Guitar, and, Alphasphere. These instruments range from traditional to modern, and each has its own unique sound.
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned musician, these instruments that start with a letter A will help you create beautiful music.
- ACCORDION – also referred to as a squeezebox, it is played by compressing or expanding the bellows while pressing buttons or keys, causing metal reeds to vibrate and produce sound.
- ACOUSTIC BASS GUITAR – also known as acoustic bass or ABG, it is a lower-pitched member of the guitar family.
- ACOUSTIC GUITAR – a guitar that uses only acoustic methods to project its sound.
- AEOLIAN HARP – a type of harp that is played by the wind.
- AGUNG – a large gong that is played with a mallet.
- AJAENG – a seven-string zither that is played with bare hands, using a plucking technique similar to that of a guitar.
- ALPHASPHERE – an electronic musical instrument that consists of a sphere with sensors that detect the movement of the player’s hands.
- ALPHORN – a type of horn that is made from a single piece of wood.
- ALPINE BELL – Tuned cowbells, as they are sometimes called, are a type of bell that is used as a musical instrument.
- ALTO CLARINET – similar to a bass clarinet but has a curved neck and metal bell.
- ALTO SAXOPHONE – a member of the saxophone family that is smaller than a tenor saxophone and larger than a soprano saxophone.
- ANGÉLIQUE – this instrument is part of the lute family and was popular during the Baroque period.
- ANGLO SAXON LYRE – a type of lyre that was used in medieval times.
- APPALACHIAN DULCIMER – this instrument is a member of the zither family, it contains three or four strings and is traditionally played by plucking the strings with the left hand while the right hand strums.
- ARPEGGIONE – this instrument is similarly tuned and shaped like a guitar; however, it is played with a bow instead of plucked and has a curved bridge which distinguishes it from other string instruments.
- ARRAY MBIRA – this plucked idiophone is also classified as a lamellophone. It is a traditional instrument of the Shona people in Zimbabwe.
- ATUMPAN – this instrument is a type of talking drum that is found in Ghana.
- AUDIOCUBES – an electronic musical instrument that detects the position of cubes about one another and produces sound accordingly.
- AUTOHARP – a type of chorded zither that mutes other strings when not being played to produce a single note.
Instruments are unique, just like the people who play them. Each one has its own special sound that helps to create beautiful music. These are only a few of the many instruments that start with the letter A.
So, if you’re looking for a new instrument to add to your collection, or if you’re just curious about what kinds of instruments are out there, be sure to check out some of these amazing instruments! Who knows, you might just find your new favorite!