Polyphia is an instrumental rock band formed by Tim Henson, Scott LePage, Clay Gober, and Clay Aeschliman. They are known for their unique guitar riffs and fusion of metal, rock, and various other musical elements.
- Current Lineup: Polyphia’s current lineup includes Tim Henson as the lead guitarist, Scott LePage as the rhythm guitarist, Clay Aeschliman as the drummer, and Clay Gober as the bassist. Together, they create a cohesive and innovative force in the instrumental music scene.
- The Guitar Duo: Tim Henson and Scott LePage form the core of Polyphia as a guitar duo. Their distinct playing styles, characterized by intricate melodies, arpeggios, and heavy riffs, blend harmoniously to define the band’s unique sound.
- Young Musicians: Polyphia’s current lineup consists of relatively young musicians, with all members being in their late 20s and early 30s.
- Former Members: While Tim Henson and Scott LePage have remained consistent in the band, there have been notable former members like Brandon Burkhalter, Randy Methe, and Lane Duskin who contributed to the band’s early history, each leaving their mark on Polyphia’s evolving sound.
Polyphia’s Band Members
Polyphia’s current lineup consists of creating a cohesive and innovative force in the instrumental music scene.
- Tim Henson, aged 29 (Lead Guitar):
Tim Henson, born on November 19, 1993, is one of the founding members of Polyphia and serves as the band’s lead guitarist. His guitar work is characterized by intricate melodies, sweeping arpeggios, and a wide range of techniques. Tim is known for his virtuosic playing style, which incorporates elements of progressive metal, jazz, and electronic music.
- Scott LePage, aged 30 (Rhythm Guitar):
Scott LePage, born on May 9, 1993, is the other half of Polyphia’s guitar duo. He complements Tim Henson’s playing with his own unique style, often incorporating heavy riffs and intricate tapping patterns. Together, Tim and Scott create a dynamic and harmonious blend of guitar work that defines Polyphia’s sound.
- Clay Gober, aged 29 (Bass):
Clay Gober, born on March 18, 1994, is the bassist for Polyphia, providing the band’s low-end foundation. His bass lines are both groovy and technically demanding, adding depth and complexity to the band’s music. Clay’s contributions are essential in creating the band’s overall sonic landscape.
- Clay Aeschliman, aged 34 (Drums):
Clay Gober, born on November 28, 1988, handles the drumming duties in Polyphia. His drumming is characterized by precision, speed, and a diverse range of rhythms that complement the intricate guitar and bass work. His ability to seamlessly switch between different time signatures and grooves adds a layer of complexity to the band’s compositions.
Past band members:
While the core of the band has remained consistent with Tim Henson and Scott LePage as the guitarists, there have been notable former members who contributed to the band’s early history.
- Brandon Burkhalter
Brandon Burkhalter was a founding member of Polyphia, initially serving as the band’s drummer from 2010 to 2014 and then briefly from 2015 to 2016. He also contributed clean vocals during the band’s early years, from 2010 to 2011. Brandon played a vital role in the band’s early development, contributing to their debut EP, “Inspire,” and other early releases. His drumming and vocal contributions left a mark on Polyphia’s evolving sound.
- Randy Methe – Drums (2014–2015):
Randy Methe took over the drumming duties for Polyphia during a specific period, from 2014 to 2015. His time with the band coincided with the release of their debut album, “Muse.” Randy contributed his drumming skills to the album, which showcased the band’s progressive and technical prowess.
- Lane Duskin – Vocals (2010–2012):
Lane Duskin was one of the founding members of Polyphia and played a pivotal role in shaping the band’s early sound. His involvement extended to their “Resurrect” EP released in 2011, where his vocals added a distinct dimension to the band’s music during their formative years.
Each of these band members brings their own unique style and flair to Polyphia’s music, creating a dynamic blend of sounds and styles that fans have come to love.
Interesting Trivia about Polyphia
If you thought Polyphia’s music was intriguing, wait till you delve into some fun facts about the band and its members.
- Polyphia’s name was not originally conceived as it is now. The band initially went by the intriguing name Palisades.
- Tim Henson’s first instrument is the violin.
- 3 out of the 4 Polyphia Members are from the band’s inception, with Clay Aeschliman as the only band member who joined later.
- Both Tim Henson and Scott LePage have signature guitar models produced by Ibanez
These fun facts all contribute to the appeal of Polyphia and provide a deeper perspective on the personality and ethos of the band. It’s these quirky details that make Polyphia more than just a rock band.
Polyphia is a renowned instrumental rock band known for its unique blend of guitar-driven music, fusing elements of metal, rock, and various other genres. The band has had notable former members who contributed to its early history, adding layers to its evolving musical journey. Polyphia’s fusion of technical prowess and creative flair has made them more than just a rock band, solidifying their place in the instrumental music scene.