Playing basketball is fun, but sometimes it can be hard to get pumped up for the game. Music is a great way to get yourself riled up and ready to play. Setting yourself into game-mode is great to keep the energy flowing.
Whether you’re a seasoned player or a newbie, working out to music helps you focus and increase your skills. Here are some of our favorite pump up songs for basketball.
- 1. “U Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer
- 2. “Lose Yourself” by Eminem
- 3. “Thunder” by Imagine Dragons
- 4. “Monster” by Kanye West feat. Rick Ross
- 5. “Pump up the Jam” by Technotronic
- 6. “Hard In Da Paint” by Waka Flocka Flame
- 7. “We Will Rock You” by Queen
- 8. “Turn Down for What” by DJ Snake, Lil Jon
- 9. “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child
- 10. “Started from the Bottom” by Drake
- 11. “I Believe That We Will Win” by Pitbull
- 12. “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor
- 13. “Stronger” by Kanye West
- 14. “Till I Collapse (Remix)” by Eminem
- 15. “The Boys of Fall” by Kenny Chesney
- 16. “In the Zone” by David Banner
- 17. “All I Do Is Win” by DJ Khaled
- 18. “The Buzz” by Hermitude
- 19. “Levels” by Avicii
- 20. “Blow Me Away” by Breaking Benjamin
- 21. “Move B***h” by Ludacris
- 22. “Dirt Off Your Shoulder” by Jay-Z
- 23. “All I Do is Win” by DJ Khaled ft. T-Pain, Ludacris, snoop dogg, and Rick Ross
- 24. “Break Stuff” by Limp Bizkit
- 25. “Crazy Train” by Ozzy Osbourne
- 26. “All My Life” Foo Fighters
- 27. “Here Comes The Boom” by Nelly
- 28. “The Final Countdown” by Europe
- 29. “Hall of Fame” by The Script ft. will.i.am
- 30. “Party Up” by DMX
- Final Thoughts
1. “U Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer
Starting off the list is a timeless hip-hop track. You can’t go wrong with a little MC Hammer to get you pumped up for the game. This popular song is sure to get you on your feet and ready to take on your opponents.
2. “Lose Yourself” by Eminem
Eminem is a famous hip-hop star, and this song is one of his biggest hits. It was released in 2002 and quickly rose to the top of the charts.
This track was featured in the film “8 Mile”. It’s one of those motivational songs that will get you pumped up and ready to take on anything. If you need a little inspiration, this is the song for you.
3. “Thunder” by Imagine Dragons
“Thunder” by Imagine Dragons is fast-paced and has a great beat that will get you pumped up for the ball game. The song is also empowering and will make you feel like you can take on anything. It’s one of their most popular tracks to date, with over 1.8 billion views on YouTube.
4. “Monster” by Kanye West feat. Rick Ross
Next on the list is “Monster” by Kanye West feat. Rick Ross. This song is sure to get you pumped up with its heavy bass and fast tempo. The lyrics are also motivating and will make you feel like a superstar. It was released in 2010 as part of his My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy album.
5. “Pump up the Jam” by Technotronic
Up next is a classic pump-up song that is sure to get you moving, “Pump up the Jam” by Technotronic. This synth-filled tune will have you on your feet and the crowd dancing. This song was released in 1989 and is still as popular today as it was back then.
Being one of the first real club anthems, it’s no wonder that this song is still played at basketball games to get everyone hyped up.
6. “Hard In Da Paint” by Waka Flocka Flame
Waka Flocka Flame is a Southern rapper who is known for his aggressive and high-energy songs. “Hard In Da Paint” is one of his most popular tracks, and it is perfect for getting pumped up before a big game.
The song features a pounding beat and Waka’s signature rap style that will get you amped up and ready to play.
7. “We Will Rock You” by Queen
You might already have this song on your pre-game playlist, but if you don’t, it’s a must-add. “We Will Rock You” features a simple yet catchy guitar riff and some of the most motivational lyrics ever written.
When the chorus kicks in, you’ll be ready to run through a brick wall. As one of the best warm up songs, the song is guaranteed to get you pumped up for the ballgame!
8. “Turn Down for What” by DJ Snake, Lil Jon
EDM and hip-hop collide in this 2013 banger that’s sure to get any crowd pumped up. The perfect song for pre-game warmups or getting hyped before tipoff.
It’s still a popular track today and has been used in numerous sports commercials. You can find it on the album of the same title.
9. “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child
When you need a little extra motivation, this anthemic track from Destiny’s Child is sure to inspire. It’s all about being a survivor and fighting through life’s challenges.
It was released in 2001 as part of their third studio album, of the same name. This track is available for streaming on all music platforms out there.
10. “Started from the Bottom” by Drake
Drake’s 2013 hit is all about starting from the bottom and making your way to the top. It’s a great pump-up song for any situation, whether you’re getting ready for a big game or working towards your goals. This track can be found on Drake’s third studio album, Nothing Was the Same.
11. “I Believe That We Will Win” by Pitbull
The next song is an upbeat track from Pitbull that is sure to get you fired up. It’s all about believing in yourself and your team and knowing that you will come out victorious.
This song was released in 2020 as part of his album of the same name. With over 8 million views on YouTube, it’s one of the best pump up songs that you can play on all streaming platforms.
12. “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor
Another popular song played at sporting events is “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor. It was released in 1982 as part of the soundtrack for Rocky III.
The song is all about being determined and never giving up, no matter how hard the obstacles may seem. This has been covered by various artists out there, but the original still remains the most popular.
13. “Stronger” by Kanye West
“Stronger” is a song by Kanye West that is all about using pain and adversity to become stronger and better. This track can be found on his third studio album, Graduation. It’s a popular choice for pump-up songs due to its high energy and motivating lyrics.
14. “Till I Collapse (Remix)” by Eminem
Next on the list is a remix of “Till I Collapse” by Eminem. It’s about as high energy as you can get, and it talks about never giving up, even when things seem impossible.
If you’re a fan of Eminem or just need a song to listen to when you’re feeling low, this is a great choice. You can find this remix on YouTube.
15. “The Boys of Fall” by Kenny Chesney
Kenny Chesney’s “The Boys of Fall” is a song about football, but it’s also a song about camaraderie and working together towards a common goal.
If you’re looking for a song that will get you fired up for whatever game you’re playing, this is a great option. You can find this song on his album Hemingway’s Whiskey, released in 2010.
16. “In the Zone” by David Banner
From the album of the same title, “In the Zone” is a great song to get you feeling like you’re ready to take on anything.
It’s got a great beat and energizing lyrics that are sure to get you moving. Warming up to this song will help get you in the right mindset for any game you’re playing.
17. “All I Do Is Win” by DJ Khaled
Next on the list is “All I Do Is Win” by DJ Khaled. This song is all about, well, winning. If you’re searching for a song to get you pumped up and believe you’re invincible, this is the one.
Being confident is half the battle, and this song will give you the boost you need. You can find this song on Khaled’s album Victory.
18. “The Buzz” by Hermitude
“The Buzz” is a great song to get you up and moving. It’s got a catchy beat and some great lyrics that will make you feel like you can take on the world. You can find it on the Dark Night Sweet Light album, which was released in 2015 and can be found on all music platforms out there.
19. “Levels” by Avicii
“Levels” is a track that will give you the adrenaline boost you need to take your game to the next level. It won’t be easy to sit still while this song is playing.
With over 600 million views on YouTube, it’s a big hit among fans. Avicii, a Swedish DJ who made this song, still lives on in his music. He has lots of songs that make you feel like partying.
20. “Blow Me Away” by Breaking Benjamin
Wrapping up the list is “Blow Me Away” by Breaking Benjamin. It’s an oldie but a goodie, and it definitely deserves a spot on this list.
From the album Halo 2 Original Soundtrack: Volume One, this song is the perfect mix of heavy and fast-paced, with a touch of aggression. So if you’re looking for a song to get you fired up, look no further than “Blow Me Away.”
21. “Move B***h” by Ludacris
To feel super confident in your game, listen to “Move B***h” by Ludacris. The rising trumpet and strong vocals will pump up players and make them ready to win.
22. “Dirt Off Your Shoulder” by Jay-Z
23. “All I Do is Win” by DJ Khaled ft. T-Pain, Ludacris, snoop dogg, and Rick Ross
24. “Break Stuff” by Limp Bizkit
25. “Crazy Train” by Ozzy Osbourne
26. “All My Life” Foo Fighters
27. “Here Comes The Boom” by Nelly
28. “The Final Countdown” by Europe
29. “Hall of Fame” by The Script ft. will.i.am
30. “Party Up” by DMX
Finishing off our list is a lively party anthem called “Party Up.” This hip-hop track warns rivals to stay away and be cautious. The lyrics are intense, but the catchy tune will surely have players nodding along and ready for the game.
When it comes to getting pumped up for a big game, there are few things more important than having the right music to get you in the zone. Basketball is an intense and fast-paced sport, so it’s important to have a soundtrack that will help you get hyped up and ready to go.
Whether you’re looking for something to get you fired up on the court or simply want to enjoy some good pump-up tunes, these songs will definitely do the trick. So crank up the volume and get ready to dominate the competition.