Show your sister love and gratitude with a song. By making her smile, you will win a lot of brownie points. We have 20 great songs can be played whenever you miss your sister, on her wedding day, or just to celebrate sisterhood in general.
- 1. “Good Friend, And A Glass of Wine” by LeAnn Rimes
- 2. “Sister Oh Sister” by Rosanne Cash
- 3. “Little Me (To My Sister)” by Britney Spears
- 4. “Sister Golden Hair” by America
- 5. “Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler
- 6. “Sister Moon” by Sting
- 7. “Most Girls” by Hailee Steinfeld
- 8. “My Sister Rose” by 10,000 Maniacs
- 9. “Girls Just Want To Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper
- 10. “Hanging On” by Cheyenne Kimball
- 11. “Count On Me” by Whitney Houston and CeCe Winans
- 12. “Sisters Are Doin’ It For Themselves” by Eurythmics [Ft. Aretha Franklin]
- 13. “Best Friend” by Missy Elliot
- 14. “When We Grow Up” by Diana Ross
- 15. “I Will Be There For You” by Jessica Andrews
- 16. “It Don’t Have to Change” by John Legend
- 17. “Hey, I’m Just Like You” by Tegan And Sara
- 18. “The Sister Song” by Barney
- 19. “We Are Family” by Sister Sledge
- 20. “Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole
1. “Good Friend, And A Glass of Wine” by LeAnn Rimes
This song is about finding someone with whom you can discuss everything about your daily life, not just the problems but also the joys. A bottle of wine and a chat with a sister can help you get through the day and encourage you when things get out of hand.
2. “Sister Oh Sister” by Rosanne Cash
A great song to dedicate to your sister, this track talks about celebrating the bond that stands strong through thick and thin. Sisters are there, like a rock, in times of fear and need. This is a good song to celebrate sisterhood.
3. “Little Me (To My Sister)” by Britney Spears
Britney Spears’ song is dedicated to her sister Jamie Lynn, with whom she shares a close relationship. She discusses how her sister looks up to her and how her life has taken a turn for the worst as a result of her poor decisions. However, she was always aware that her decisions could have an impact on her sister’s life.
4. “Sister Golden Hair” by America
Another #1 single from the 1970s, this song by America talks about someone who is far but is still on the singer’s mind as they try to navigate through life without her presence. The main theme of the song is that distance does not make a sibling relationship fade.
5. “Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler
This version of the song was part of the movie ‘Beaches’. It appeared in the film during the scene where CC Bloom’s best friend died of illness. Although the movie depicted the song for a best friend, it can be dedicated to your sister because they are always there to help their sibling succeed in life.
6. “Sister Moon” by Sting
Sister Moon played by Sting talks about longing for a sister. This lovely track can be dedicated to a sister whom you have not seen in a long time and you always think about.
7. “Most Girls” by Hailee Steinfeld
Hailee Steinfeld talks about women’s empowerment in this song. This can be dedicated to all sisters who fearlessly express themselves, breaking free from societal constraints and embracing their true selves. The song also tells every woman to celebrate herself however she wants to in life.
8. “My Sister Rose” by 10,000 Maniacs
Sisters not only embark on their individual journeys when they get married and start their own families, but they also stay as an integral part of the family.
This track radiates excitement for a sister’s wedding day and her future as a wife and mother. It’s the perfect background song for her wedding ceremony and a great addition to her bridal shower playlist.
9. “Girls Just Want To Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper
In this Cyndi Lauper’s empowering anthem, it is for the free-spirited sisters who inspires women to break limitations and embrace life on their terms, unshackled by others’ expectations.
10. “Hanging On” by Cheyenne Kimball
This song is for all the women out there who take responsibility of their actions. This track is for independent women who fearlessly conquer any obstacles that come their way with their strength and determination.
11. “Count On Me” by Whitney Houston and CeCe Winans
This self explanatory title indicates this track is about two people who had each other’s backs and supported each other emotionally while going through own sadness. This track can serve as a reminder that sisters are always there for each other and help cope with life’s challenges at the end of the day.
12. “Sisters Are Doin’ It For Themselves” by Eurythmics [Ft. Aretha Franklin]
British pop duo, Eurythmics and American singer Aretha Franklin released this song in October 1985 to celebrate feminism and strength. The song has a very strong theme: a woman doesn’t need a man to go on with her daily life.
13. “Best Friend” by Missy Elliot
Missy Elliot collaborated with Aaliyah on this song about female solidarity and how to support one another in times of need. It also talks about how a best friend offers advice once she feels that a man does not deserve her friend.
14. “When We Grow Up” by Diana Ross
Released in February 2010, this song is great for young sisters who grow up together. The song talks about accepting that there will be changes in the future but promises each other that they will not treat each other differently and will do what they used to do.
15. “I Will Be There For You” by Jessica Andrews
Being a sister means you will always be there for each other. Through this song, it assures that someone will always be available to help even in hard times and sorrow. A sister will never leave you in your dark times and instead she will help lift you when you feel down.
16. “It Don’t Have to Change” by John Legend
Reminiscing family gatherings have always been a pleasant feeling but somewhat emotional. Time for family changes as its members grow up and have their priorities in life. This song reminds us that family bonds still remain, even as paths diverge.
17. “Hey, I’m Just Like You” by Tegan And Sara
As identical twins, Tegan and Sara shared a very strong bond. They both enjoyed their childhood and high school days by being dirtbags, but enjoyed their lives with each other.
Their story became the origin of this song. Both of them could have messed up, but it’s their relationship that makes them stick together.
18. “The Sister Song” by Barney
Barney has been a children’s show featuring songs that show the importance of families. “The Sister Song” first appeared in the episode “My Family’s Just Right For Me” and talks about the bond between sisters, emphasizing their role as close friends despite some disagreements.
19. “We Are Family” by Sister Sledge
Being sisters in real life, the musicians in this song interpret the close ties between siblings who share a passion for singing, highlighting their close ties and shared values.
20. “Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole
The jazz harmony of this song expresses appreciation for someone who values relationships, whether romantic or familial. This track can be dedicated to a person you consider as your sister, bonded not by blood by heart.
Having a sister is the best gift that you can ever have. Though sibling rivalry is unavoidable, sisters become our closest confidantes, sharing secrets, clothes, music tastes, and, above all, life experiences. Dedicate these sweet songs to your sisters, showing appreciation and cherishing your special bond.