Leonard Cohen was a celebrated poet, songwriter, and novelist known for his profound and brooding words. He left behind a legacy of quotes that delved into the complexities of life, love, death, and the human experience.
His quotes offer insights into the human condition and the complexities of life. From the struggles of reconciling the messy reality of the world, to the power of poetry to capture the essence of life.
Cohen’s words offer a wealth of wisdom for anyone who wants to understand the world around them. Through his words, we can explore the importance of facing reality, the power of self-reflection, and the potential for beauty and light to be found in even the darkest of places.
Let us delve into the mind of one of the greatest poets of our time and discover the top 10 Leonard Cohen quotes:
- “This world is full of conflicts and full of things that cannot be reconciled. But there are moments when we can… reconcile and embrace the whole mess, and that’s what I mean by ‘Hallelujah.’”
- “Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash.”
- “How can I begin anything new with all of yesterday in me?”
- “The older I get, the surer I am that I’m not running the show.”
- “Don’t call yourself a secret, unless you mean to keep it.”
- “Do not be a magician – be magic!”
- “Act the way you’d like to be and soon you’ll be the way you act.”
- “We are not mad. We are human.We want to love, and someone must forgive us for the paths we take to love, for the paths are many and dark, and we are ardent and cruel in our journey.”
- “Reality is one of the possibilities I cannot afford to ignore.”
- “There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.”
As Leonard Cohen’s quotes reveal, life is not a straight path, it is full of conflicts and challenges. However, Cohen’s words remind us that amidst the chaos, there is always a way to find meaning and purpose.
Whether it’s reconciling the conflicts in our lives, embracing the beauty in our ashes, or finding the light in the cracks of our existence, his words offer hope and inspiration for anyone who is trying to make sense of the complexities of the human experience.
By Gorupdebesanez – Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=31038363
By By jonl1973 – https://www.flickr.com/photos/chigley/2682089366/, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=20516993
By Stefan Karpiniec – https://www.flickr.com/photos/29585346@N07/4516967783/, CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=32456216