Bruce Springsteen’s albums can be found in chronological order, showcasing his musical journey from his debut in 1973 to present day works. His discography includes a multitude of popular albums, with a selection of fan favorites as well as his most famous and recent projects.
Bruce Springsteen’s broad discography, encompassing more than 21 studio albums alongside box sets, live recordings, and compilations, showcases the depth of his artistry. His music shines brilliantly because of his unmatched fusion of rock, folk, and Americana.
With over 140 million units sold globally and tons of awards under his belt, Springsteen’s career spans over five decades, during which he has consistently delivered high-quality music.
Chronological List of Bruce Springsteen Albums
Bruce Springsteen’s discography includes numerous albums, each reflecting his musical development over the years. Here is the chronological list of his studio albums:
- (1973) Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J.
- (1973) The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle
- (1975) Born to Run
- (1978) Darkness on the Edge of Town
- (1980) The River
- (1982) Nebraska
- (1984) Born in the U.S.A.
- (1987) Tunnel of Love
- (1992) Human Touch
- (1992) Lucky Town
- (1995) The Ghost of Tom Joad
- (2002) The Rising
- (2005) Devils & Dust
- (2006) We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions
- (2007) Magic
- (2009) Working on a Dream
- (2012) Wrecking Ball
- (2014) High Hopes
- (2019) Western Stars
- (2020) Letter to You
- (2022) Only The Strong Survive
Top 5 Fan Favorite Albums
Bruce Springsteen’s career features a variety of critically acclaimed and commercially successful albums, making a list of fan favorites rather challenging. But, here are five albums that really stand out for their popularity, critical acclaim, and impressive sales figures:
- Born to Run: Hailed as Bruce Springsteen’s breakthrough album, achieving an impressive seven times platinum certification in the US, the album features anthemic songs like “Thunder Road” and “Jungleland,” pushing Springsteen to mainstream success and turning him into a musical icon.
- Darkness on the Edge of Town: Following the immense success of “Born to Run,” Springsteen returned with this reflective and raw album which includes tracks like “Badlands” and “Racing in the Street,” solidifying his position as a prolific songwriter.
- Born in the U.S.A.: With a staggering 17 million albums sold in the US alone, this commercially and critically successful album boasts seven top-10 singles, including “Dancing in the Dark” and “Glory Days.”
- The River: Known for its eclectic mix of upbeat rock songs and heartfelt ballads, this double album was a fan favorite thanks to tracks like “Hungry Heart” and “Independence Day.” Springsteen beautifully weaved storytelling with powerful emotions.
- Nebraska: Stripping down to a minimalistic, acoustic sound, this album highlighted Springsteen’s songwriting prowess and ability to connect with listeners on a deep level. Songs like “Atlantic City” and “Highway Patrolman” paint vivid pictures of characters, making it one of his most beloved works.
Live albums, Compilations, and Collaborations
Bruce Springsteen’s live albums, compilation masterpieces, and all-encompassing box sets have been a gateway to the heart of his iconic hits and electrifying performances, immersing fans in the very essence of his legendary artistry:
- (1986) Live/1975–85
- (1993) In Concert/MTV Plugged
- (2001) Live in New York City
- (2006) Hammersmith Odeon London ’75
- (2007) Live in Dublin
- (2018) Springsteen on Broadway
- (2021) The Legendary 1979 No Nukes Concerts
- (1995) Greatest Hits
- (1998) Tracks
- (1999) 18 Tracks
- (2003) The Essential Bruce Springsteen
- (2009) Greatest Hits (Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band album)
- (2010) The Promise
- (2013) Collection: 1973–2012
- (2016) Chapter and Verse
- (1985) The Born in the U.S.A. 12″ Single Collection
- (2004) The Collection
- (2005) Born to Run: 30th Anniversary Edition
- (2010) The Collection 1973–1984
- (2010) The Promise: The Darkness on the Edge of Town Story
- (2014) The Album Collection Vol. 1 1973–1984
- (2015) The Ties That Bind: The River Collection
Exploring the rich discography of Bruce Springsteen offers an exciting journey through his extensive career. From his debut album, “Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J.” to his recent work on “Only The Strong Survive,” Springsteen’s impact on the music scene remains exceptional.
By staying connected with Bruce Springsteen’s classic and recent projects, you’ll not only witness his enduring influence in the rock genre but also see the evolution of a legendary artist who consistently crafts powerful, delicate, and relatable music.