“The Hooligans” is Bruno Mars’ band, responsible for playing instruments on some of the studio recordings and all of the live concerts. They infuse Bruno’s music with energy and authenticity, covering a range of instruments.
“The Hooligans” is Bruno Mars’ band for studio recordings and live concerts, adding energy and authenticity to his music. They perform with Silk Sonic, Bruno’s collaboration with Anderson .Paak. Many members have unique talents outside of music, like film production (Dwayne Dugger) and fashion (James King).
Bruno Mars’ The Hooligans – Band Members
Bruno Mars’ band, The Hooligans, brings together a host of talents, each specializing in their instrument and providing a unique voice to the band’s musical style.
Birthdate: October 8, 1985
Role: Lead vocals, rhythm guitar
Birthdate: July 17, 1980
Role: Backing vocals
Birthdate: January 9, 1985
Role: Former guitarist, music director
Birthdate: October 3, 1989
Role: Bass guitar
Birthdate: September 9, 1976
Birthdate: July 12, 1989
Role: Trombone, backing vocals
Birthdate: February 6, 1984
Birthdate: October 19, 1984
Role: Trumpet, backing vocals
Birthdate: February 12, 1983
Birthdate: December 29, 1993
Role: Lead guitar
Interesting Facts about the Hooligans
The age range among the band members of The Hooligans adds to their versatile gathering of experiences, with plenty of intriguing trivia to discover.
- “Shampoo, Press & Curl,” which consists of Brody Brown and two Hooligans, Bruno Mars and Philip Lawrence, who are behind Bruno’s chart-topping songs.
- The Hooligans also play alongside Silk Sonic, Bruno Mars’ collaborative project with Anderson .Paak
- James King not only plays trumpet and provides backing vocals for The Hooligans but also has a flair for fashion. He has his own clothing brand, showcasing his creative side beyond music.
- Dwayne Dugger wears multiple creative hats. Apart from playing the saxophone, he’s also a film producer. One of his recent productions, “Edible,” has made its mark in the film industry.
- Eric Hernandez, the band’s drummer, is Bruno Mars’s older brother.
- Before joining the band, Mateus Asato toured with a variety of artists, including Jessie J and Tori Kelly, showcasing his remarkable guitar skills. This diverse experience eventually led him to become a valued member of the Hooligans.
These interesting facts give the band members distinctive personalities on and off the stage.
“The Hooligans” are not just a band; they are the vital force behind Bruno Mars’ music, infusing it with energy and authenticity in both studio recordings and live performances. Beyond their musical roles, they bring a wealth of diverse talents to the table, ranging from film production to fashion design. Their collaboration with Bruno extends to Silk Sonic, demonstrating their versatility and adaptability in the music industry.