Some of the most popular musical instruments that start with the letter G are guitar, glass marimba, ganza, goblet drum, gender, and gong. Below is a list of musical instruments starting with the letter G, as well as some information about each one.
- GADZO – Is a cylindrical drum that is tuned by pegs.
- GAITA – A Spanish bagpipe.
- GAMELATRON – A series of robotic mallets controlled by technology.
- GAN GAN – A small talking drum originated from West Africa.
- GANDINGAN – A Philippine hanging gong.
- GANZA – A rattle originated from Brazil.
- GAOHU – A bowed-stringed instrument from China.
- GEHU – A stringed instrument from China that is like a cello.
- GENDER – A xylophone made of brass, originated from Indonesia.
- GEOMUNGO – A type of Korean zither.
- GLASS CHORD – A celesta-like crystallophone, keyboard hammers strike glass bars instead of metal.
- GLASS MARIMBA – An idiophone that is similar to a xylophone but has glass keys.
- GLOCKENSPIEL – A percussion instrument that has metal bars with varying lengths, it is arranged in two rows and the players use a mallet.
- GOBLET DRUM – A goblet-shaped drum.
- GONG – A metal plate shaped like a circle with different dimensions used as a percussion instrument.
- GUAN – A Chinese pipe.
- GUGIN – A bridgeless zither that originated from China.
- GUITAR – A string instrument that has a fretted neck and a body, it is played with the fingers or a pick.
- GUSLI– A harp that originates in Russia.
- GUZHENG – A Chinese box zither.
There is a musical instrument for every style of music and musician. There are a lot of instruments to choose from, including gongs, guitars, and genders. This list only begins to scratch the surface of the various musical instruments that start with the letter G.