The word “rock” can refer to a variety of things. As a type of matter in science, it is also used to represent strength and sturdiness. It also refers to a musical genre in the music industry.
Rock tracks often feature upbeat melodies, blending with other instruments. You’ll also find mellower songs incorporating “rock” in the title for those seeking a more relaxed vibe. Let’s go ahead and explore 20 great rock-themed songs to enhance our music experience.
- 1. “For Those About To Rock” by AC/DC
- 2. “We Will Rock You” by Queen
- 3. “Rock ‘N Me” by Steve Miller Band
- 4. “Rock You Like A Hurricane” by Scorpions
- 5. “Rock & Roll” by Daft Punk
- 6. “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley
- 7. “Cherub Rock” by The Smashing Pumpkins
- 8. “Rock & Roll Star” by Oasis
- 9. “Rock And Roll All Nite” by KISS
- 10. “Rock This Town” by The Stray Cats
- 11. “Old Time Rock & Roll” by Bob Seger
- 12. “Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo” by Rik Derringer
- 13. “Let There Be Rock” by AC/DC
- 14. “Rock With You” by Michael Jackson
- 15. “Rock And Roll Music” by Chuck Berry
- 16. “Rock & Roll Part 2” by The Human League
- 17. “Don’t Rock The Jukebox” by Alan Jackson
- 18. “Rock & Roll” by Motorhead
- 19. “That’s The Way I Wanna Rock N’ Roll” by AC/DC
- 20. “Rock & Roll” by Spiritualized
- Final Thoughts
1. “For Those About To Rock” by AC/DC
If there is an example of proud warriors fighting for rock, the band AC/DC makes this cut. This rocking anthem is full of good old guitar energy from the start.
The addition of artillery to the mix gives this tune a unique military salute vibe, infusing it with a different energy that makes it even more awesome.
2. “We Will Rock You” by Queen
Are you ready to gather a crowd and have some fun? Just play “We Will Rock You” by Queen and watch people come together for a lively interaction.
This timeless classic not only encourages singing along but also makes you clap and stomp your feet, becoming an anthem from the minute it was released and is impossible to ignore the energy it generates.
3. “Rock ‘N Me” by Steve Miller Band
This feel-good song talks about the difficulties of life. The protagonist continues to work hard for the sake of his lover despite the situation in this track. The instrumentals are full of energy and the audience is guaranteed to dance along with them.
4. “Rock You Like A Hurricane” by Scorpions
The lyrics of this song imply intense physical attraction between two people. The tension is high and they are ready to pounce on each other. The passionate guitar solos heighten the tension even further.
5. “Rock & Roll” by Daft Punk
The intro starts as if you entered a computer game and then the electronic guitar picks up the pace. What follows through is nothing but electronic music goodness. The song is infused with robotic voices which gives this rocking song a futuristic feel.
6. “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley
“Jailhouse Rock” is upbeat and catchy enough to get everybody dancing in no time. Make sure to flex your legs and get ready to groove when you hit play because that is how you enjoy Elvis Presley’s musical masterpieces.
7. “Cherub Rock” by The Smashing Pumpkins
The song “Cherub Rock” is from the Siamese Twins’ album Siamese Twins, which was released in the 1990s. As a track that contains mash-up of musical styles and guitar solos, it emphasizes being aware of your surroundings, as misfortune lurks on the horizon.
8. “Rock & Roll Star” by Oasis
This rocking tune from Oasis features the awesome voices of the Gallagher brothers. Liam of course does the lead vocals and Noel supports in the background.
The song narrates a man’s journey to become a “Rock & Roll Star,” detailing his adventurous pursuit of the dream.
9. “Rock And Roll All Nite” by KISS
As a fan of rock and roll music, this song is incredibly youthful and appropriate for folks that enjoy partying hard. It reminds us to allow ourselves to relax when we have the opportunity and energy. It’s fine to let loose every now and then.
10. “Rock This Town” by The Stray Cats
This swinging melody is hip rock and roll, narrating a couple’s date night. They both looked mighty fine for the night as they danced away, playing their favorite songs on the jukebox.
11. “Old Time Rock & Roll” by Bob Seger
This song from the late 1970s is about loving “Old Time Rock & Roll.” Despite newer options, the protagonist sticks to his favorite rock songs.
The song expresses how music relaxes and energizes him, a sentiment shared by many music fans.
12. “Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo” by Rik Derringer
This classic rock tune sure represents the funky 1970s. The upbeat tempo gives a lot of energy that will keep all listeners hooked. For an epic party, add this to your playlist!
13. “Let There Be Rock” by AC/DC
This rock song is about an aspiring musician’s accomplishments. He shoots to fame and then the song talks about how those around him profited from it too.
With entrancing drumbeats, captivating guitar solos, and lyrics delivered like a sermon, this song preaches about rock and roll.
14. “Rock With You” by Michael Jackson
Most rock-titled songs are loud, but Michael Jackson’s tune defies this stereotype. “Rock With You” is a mellow dance number that features honey-coated vocals.
It revolves around spending the night away with a loved one by dancing together. This chill beat is romantic and is fitting for a couple’s anniversary celebration.
15. “Rock And Roll Music” by Chuck Berry
Chuck Berry’s 1950s rock tune is a popular classic, covered by numerous musicians, adding to its timeless appeal. It contains lively and danceable arrangement with distinct instrument harmony of the bass, piano, and drums.
16. “Rock & Roll Part 2” by The Human League
This rocking song has an upbeat tempo and a bit of synth-pop energy. It is a rendition of Gary Glitter’s glam rock masterpiece.
The vocals are smooth, and the beats in the background keep the listeners hooked. The vocal gymnastics and echoes infused in the melody give it a different type of charm.
17. “Don’t Rock The Jukebox” by Alan Jackson
Unlike most rock-themed songs, this one has a fascinating backstory. This country hit, “Don’t Rock the Jukebox,” was inspired by a wobbly jukebox Alan noticed after a gig, turning an ordinary encounter into a chart-topping wonder.
18. “Rock & Roll” by Motorhead
This heavy metal tune is truly a banger. It talks about a failed relationship and it seems the protagonist found comfort in rock and roll while mending his heart.
The intense guitar solo in the middle of the song will satisfy every rock and roll fan’s soul.
19. “That’s The Way I Wanna Rock N’ Roll” by AC/DC
This hard rock track is hailed as the strongest track in the 1988 album titled Blow Up Your Video. It has an energetic guitar opening before the rocking vocals begin.
This song celebrates partying, enjoying favorite tunes, and embracing your preferences fearlessly.
20. “Rock & Roll” by Spiritualized
This majestic slow tune with an orchestral arrangement is perfect for chilling and relaxing on lazy, meditative day-offs, leaving you feeling lighter and energized.
The songs with rock in the title cover a wide variety of interesting themes. Some songs cover social issues, emotional turmoil, personal experiences, and real-time observations that allows us to enjoy music with different stories.
These songs are ready to accompany you in wondrous moments, whether you want to dance the night away or relax under the moonlight. So, turn on your speakers and rock these tunes!