Lil Baby is currently signed to both Motown Records and Quality Control Records. These two iconic labels have consistently fostered exceptional talent and played pivotal roles in shaping the music landscape.
Other than Motown Records and Quality Control, Lil Baby has established his record label,4PF (Four Pockets Full). 4PF operates as an independent label, allowing Lil Baby to have full creative control over his music and business ventures.
Lil Baby and Quality Control Music
Under Quality Control Music, Lil Baby has released several successful projects that have propelled his career to new heights. Here are some notable albums and mixtapes that Lil Baby has released under Quality Control:
- “Harder Than Ever” (2018): Lil Baby’s debut studio album, “Harder Than Ever,” showcased his raw talent and infectious energy. The album featured the Billboard Hot 100 top 10 hit “Yes Indeed” with Drake, which helped solidify his presence in the mainstream music scene.
- “Drip Harder” (2018): This collaborative mixtape with fellow rapper Gunna was a major breakthrough for Lil Baby. It featured the chart-topping single “Drip Too Hard,” which reached #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 and achieved Diamond certification, an impressive milestone for both artists.
- “Street Gossip” (2018): Lil Baby continued his momentum with the release of “Street Gossip,” a mixtape that reached #2 on the US Billboard 200 chart. It showcased his versatility and storytelling abilities, further establishing his position as a prominent figure in hip-hop.
These projects, along with his subsequent releases, have allowed Lil Baby to amass a dedicated fan base and achieve remarkable success in the music industry. His collaboration with Quality Control Music has provided him with valuable support and resources, helping him flourish as an artist and solidify his status as one of the most influential voices in rap today.
Lil Baby and Motown Records
Since joining Motown Records, Lil Baby has continued to make waves in the music industry with his remarkable talent and compelling discography. Here are some notable records released by Lil Baby under Motown:
- “My Turn” (2020): His second studio album, “My Turn,” became a major milestone in his career. It topped at number one on the Billboard 200 chart and is certified triple-platinum by the RIAA. The album spawned several chart-topping hits, including “We Paid,” featuring 42 Dugg, and “The Bigger Picture,” both of which reached the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- “The Voice of the Heroes” (2021): This collaborative album with rapper Lil Durk showcased the undeniable chemistry between the two artists. “The Voice of the Heroes” debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart, solidifying Lil Baby’s commercial success. The album featured hit songs like “Wants and Needs” and “Girls Want Girls,” both of which reached number two on the Billboard Hot 100.
Lil Baby’s association with Motown Records has provided him with a platform to showcase his unique style and musical prowess to a wider audience. His collaborations with top-tier artists, coupled with his introspective lyrics and captivating delivery, have cemented his position as one of the most influential voices in modern rap.
With Motown’s support, Lil Baby has continued to push boundaries and create groundbreaking music that resonates with millions of fans worldwide.
Other Label Affiliations and Ownership
In addition to his association with Motown Records, Lil Baby has made significant strides in establishing his own label and expanding his business ventures. Here are some notable affiliations and ownerships of Lil Baby:
- 4 Pockets Full (4PF): Lil Baby founded his own record label, 4 Pockets Full, in 2017. The label serves as a platform for nurturing and promoting emerging artists. Rappers 42 Dugg and Rylo Rodriguez are among the notable artists signed to 4PF. Through this venture, Lil Baby has been able to mentor and support aspiring talents, contributing to the growth and development of the rap industry.
- Investments and Entrepreneurship: Lil Baby has shown a keen interest in expanding his business portfolio beyond music. He has made strategic investments in various sectors, including real estate and fashion. The rapper has demonstrated his entrepreneurial spirit by launching his own fashion line, collaborating with renowned brands, and venturing into the world of fashion and lifestyle.
- Philanthropy and Social Impact: Lil Baby has also been actively involved in philanthropic efforts and social activism. He has used his platform to raise awareness about important social issues and has made substantial donations to charitable organizations. In 2020, he released the powerful song “The Bigger Picture” in response to the Black Lives Matter movement, addressing systemic racism and police brutality.
Through his various affiliations and ownerships, Lil Baby has showcased his versatility and entrepreneurial acumen. He continues to make an impact not only in the music industry but also in the realms of business, philanthropy, and social change. His multifaceted approach exemplifies his commitment to growth, creativity, and making a positive difference in the world.
Lil Baby’s journey in the music industry represents a remarkable fusion of raw talent, entrepreneurial spirit, and social consciousness. His affiliations with Motown Records and Quality Control Music have catapulted his career to new heights, providing him with the platform and resources to showcase his unique style and captivate audiences worldwide.