Kendrick Lamar is one of the most influential and celebrated hip-hop artists of our time. His words offer a glimpse into his creative process, the importance of self-acceptance and self-love, and the lessons he has learned throughout his career.
His quotes focus on the importance of authenticity, personal growth, and self-improvement, encouraging people to strive for the best version of themselves.
Whether you’re a fan of his music or simply looking for some inspiration, these quotes will give you a deeper understanding of Lamar’s perspective on life, love, and success, and provide insight on how to tackle life in its greatest and worst moments:
- “I think my vice would be outdoing myself.”
- “Since day one, since the first time I touched the pen, I wanted to be the best at what I do.”
- “I learned, when I look in the mirror and tell my story, that I should be myself and not peep whatever everybody is doing.”
- “And if you read between the lines, we’ll learn how to love one another. But you can’t do that, I said you can’t do that, without loving yourself first.”
- “I find myself to be quite confident as a person, but you’re going to have that piece of doubt in the back of your head because we’re human. We all have it.”
- “Although the butterfly and the caterpillar are completely different, they are one and the same.”
- “Don’t you know your imperfections are a wonderful blessing?”
- “We’re all human at the end of the day, making mistakes. But learn from them is the key.“
- “When you give up it means you never wanted it.”
- “The one in front of the gun lives forever.”
Self-love, accepting mistakes, and our imperfections are key components of being happy and content with life, and Kendrick Lamar has these perceptive but encouraging words to get us going.
Overall, Kendrick Lamar’s quotes are powerful, thought-provoking, and offer valuable lessons for anyone who needs an extra push and motivation in life.
By Fuzheado – Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=126984937
By Merlijn Hoek – wikiportret.nl, CC BY 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=24677523
By Connie Lodge – https://www.flickr.com/photos/93197724@N04/16462583026/in/photolist-r5K3oo-qQs9M5-qQzANF, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=47090258