Some of the most popular musical instruments that start with the letter O are organistrum, octapad, organ, ondes martenot, and oboe. Here are some musical instruments that begin with the letter O, as well as information about each.
- OBLENTE – A standing drum that is large from Ghana.
- OBOE – A double reed instrument that is used in orchestras.
- OBONU – A West African set of hourglass-shaped royal drums.
- OBRENTEN – A single-headed hourglass-shaped royal drum.
- OCARINA – A vessel flute that is made varies from material, such as clay, ceramic, or terracotta.
- OCTABAN – A cylindrical drum.
- OCTAPAD – An electronic drum pad.
- OCTAVILLA – A Spanish musical instrument that has 12 strings and is similar to a banduria.
- OCTOCONTRABASS CLARINET – A variety of clarinet that is an octave below the contrabass clarinet.
- ODAIKO – A large Japanese drum.
- ODONO – A talking drum that is shaped like an hourglass.
- OGUNG – A set of four Sumatran iron gongs.
- OJA – A Nigerian Ibo flute that has three holes.
- OJEH – A Nigerian Igede iron gong that is played during festivities.
- OKO – A Nigerian side-blown trumpet.
- OKONKOLO – The smallest Cuban batá drums that are traditionally played in ceremonies of Afro-Cubans.
- OMELE – A small Nigerian talking drum.
- ONDES MARTENOT – A theremin-like electronic instrument that is played using the keyboard.
- ORGAN – A keyboard instrument with a variety of pipes that make music, played with the keys and pedalboard, as well as an electronic version.
- ORGANISTRUM – The ancient version of a hurdy-gurdy.
These are some musical instruments that start with the letter O. As you can see, there is a wide variety of instruments to choose from, each with its own unique sound.
So, whether you’re looking for an instrument to play in an orchestra or band, or something to add to your collection, be sure to check out some of these options.