Running is a popular activity for people of all ages, and there are many songs that mention running in the title. Whether you’re looking for motivation to wear your running shoes or just want to enjoy some tunes about running, this list has something for everyone.
- 1. “Run to the Hills” by Iron Maiden
- 2. “Run Run Run” by Kelly Clarkson
- 3. “Nowhere to Run” by Martha and the Vandellas
- 4. “Run, Baby, Run” by Sheryl Crow
- 5. “Take It On The Run” by REO Speedwagon
- 6. “Run for Cover” by The Killers
- 7. “Born to Run” by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- 8. “Run Like the River” by Vintage Trouble
- 9. “Let the River Run” by Carly Simon
- 10. “I Run For Life” by Melissa Etheridge
- 11. “Run” by Leona Lewis
- 12. “Take The Money And Run” by Steve Miller Band
- 13. “Ready To Run” by The Chicks
- 14. “Run” by Lauren Alaina
- 15. “Run Thru” by My Morning Jacket
- 16. “Johnny Run Away” by Tones And I
- 17. “Run To You” by Roxette
- 18. “Run Away With Me” by Carly Rae Jepsen
- 19. “Run the World (Girls)” by Beyoncé
- 20. “Run For Your Life” by The Fray
- 21. “Run” by Talyor Swift feat. Ed Sheeran
- 22. “Run Through Fire” by Pink Sweat$
- 23. “Run” by Lany
- 24. “Run This Town” by JAY-Z, Rihanna, and Kanye West
- 25. “Run” by Joji
- 26. “Run It Up” by Lil Tjay, Offset, and Moneybagg Yo
- 27. “Ready To Run” by One Direction
- 28. “Run Rodolph Run” by Chuck Berry
- 29. “Run” The Ransom Collective
- 30. “Run It!” by Chris Brown feat. Juelz Santana
- Final Thoughts
1. “Run to the Hills” by Iron Maiden
Starting off the list is a metal classic by Iron Maiden. This track is about the Native Americans’ plight as they were forced to give up their land and way of life.
It’s a metal anthem that always gets the adrenaline flowing. It was released in 1982 and can be streamed on all the music platforms out there.
2. “Run Run Run” by Kelly Clarkson
Next on the list is “Run Run Run” by Kelly Clarkson. This song is an up-tempo track with a catchy beat that’s sure to get your feet moving.
The lyrics talk about taking chances in love and living life to the fullest, which is a great message for anyone looking to make some positive changes in their life.
3. “Nowhere to Run” by Martha and the Vandellas
Martha and the Vandellas were a Motown group that had many hits in the 1960s, including their signature song “Nowhere to Run.”
This track is about a woman stuck in an unhealthy relationship who has nowhere else to go. It’s a sad but relatable tune that will resonate with anyone who’s ever been in a similar situation.
4. “Run, Baby, Run” by Sheryl Crow
“Run, Baby, Run” by Sheryl Crow is a bit more light-hearted than the previous songs, and is about a woman who’s trying to escape her past.
It’s a fun and upbeat track that will put a smile on your face. It was released in 1993 on the album Tuesday Night Music Club.
5. “Take It On The Run” by REO Speedwagon
“Take It On The Run” is an 80s song about a relationship that’s on the rocks and the man who’s trying to save it.
The song has a classic 80s rock sound and is sure to get you moving. It’s part of the band’s Hi Infidelity album.
6. “Run for Cover” by The Killers
Next on the list is “Run for Cover” by The Killers. This song is a bit more dark and intense than the previous ones, and is about a man who’s on the run from the law.
It’s a great song for anyone who loves fast-paced and thrilling rock music. You can find it on the album Run For Cover (Naderi Remix).
7. “Born to Run” by Lynyrd Skynyrd
“Born to Run” is a song from the band’s self-titled debut album, which is about being born to run and deal with life’s challenges. It’s a motivating track that reminds you to work hard, and you’ll surely not regret the sacrifices.
8. “Run Like the River” by Vintage Trouble
“Run Like the River” is a song by the soulful rock band Vintage Trouble. It encourages us to follow our dreams, especially when our family, especially our mothers, cheers us on.
If you’re a fan of soulful rock music, then you should definitely check out this song.
9. “Let the River Run” by Carly Simon
Next up is Carly Simon’s acclaimed song “Let the River Run.” It came out in 1989 and appeared in the movie Working Girl.
The song is all about being brave and going after your dreams and goals. It’s a motivating tune that’ll inspire you to pursue your ambitions wholeheartedly.
10. “I Run For Life” by Melissa Etheridge
Melissa Etheridge’s song “I Run For Life” is very personal to her. She wrote it when she found out she had breast cancer.
The song is an anthem of hope and resilience, and has become an inspiration for many people facing difficult times.
11. “Run” by Leona Lewis
Leona Lewis is a British singer who rose to fame after winning the third season of The X Factor UK. Since then, she has gone on to have a very successful career, with “Run” being one of her most popular songs. The song was released in 2007 on the album Spirit.
12. “Take The Money And Run” by Steve Miller Band
“Take The Money And Run” is a classic rock song by the Steve Miller Band. It’s about a young couple who are on the move after taking some cash. It’s a track that has been covered by many artists over the years, and remains a popular track to this day.
13. “Ready To Run” by The Chicks
“Ready To Run” by The Chicks is a bluegrass song about wanting to escape with your lover when the opportunity arises.
The song peaked on the US Billboard Country chart and won a Grammy Award. You can stream this song on all music platforms out there.
14. “Run” by Lauren Alaina
Life is about chasing your dreams, and Lauren Alaina’s “Run” embodies this idea. It’s a country song that encourages us to pursue what we love and what life offers. You can listen to it on all music platforms.
15. “Run Thru” by My Morning Jacket
“Run Thru” is a rock song from Morning Jacket that talks about continuing to run through life, even when things get tough.
This song is from the band’s 2006 album, “It Still Moves.” It was the eighth single from that album. It has over 120,000 views on YouTube and is available on all music platforms.
16. “Johnny Run Away” by Tones And I
“Johnny Run Away” is about a girl who is in love with a boy who is running away from his problems. This song has a more electronic sound to it and is very catchy. If you’re a fan of Tones And I, be sure to check out this song.
17. “Run To You” by Roxette
Next on the list is “Run To You” by Roxette. Roxette is a Swedish pop duo, consisting of Marie Fredriksson and Per Gessle.
In this song, they sing about repeatedly choosing the same person, no matter what challenges life presents. It’s a beautiful reminder of dedication and love in relationships. If your partner needs a reminder of your love, this song is a great choice to sing to them.
18. “Run Away With Me” by Carly Rae Jepsen
Love always pushes us to be with the person we love, and “Run Away With Me” by Carly Rae Jepsen is a song that greatly captures this.
The song is about two lovers who elope together. You can find this song on all major music streaming platforms and also other Carly Rae Jepsen tracks like her pop hit “Call Me Maybe”.
19. “Run the World (Girls)” by Beyoncé
Girls rule, and that’s what Beyoncé’s ‘Run the World (Girls)’ is all about. It’s from her 2011 album ‘4’ and is an empowering anthem for women worldwide.
With over 22 million views on YouTube, it’s one of her most popular songs and you can listen to it on any music platform.
20. “Run For Your Life” by The Fray
“Run For Your Life” by The Fray is a song about a man escaping his problems. It’s relatable for anyone feeling overwhelmed by life’s challenges and would rather run.
The band mixes alternative rock and pop, so you can find their songs on various streaming platforms.
21. “Run” by Talyor Swift feat. Ed Sheeran
22. “Run Through Fire” by Pink Sweat$
Love demands sacrifice and this track from Pink Sweat$ captures that. The song is about being ready to go through tough times for the person you love. It’s a challenging but rewarding aspect of love and commitment.
23. “Run” by Lany
“Run” is a song about a breakup and advises against going back to your ex. It expresses the bitterness of seeing your ex move on to new partners, and it’s about refusing to be the one who always takes them back, no matter what.
24. “Run This Town” by JAY-Z, Rihanna, and Kanye West
Music legends JAY-Z, Rihanna, and Kanye West team up to sing about taking charge and leading the way in “Run This Town”. They contrast this with those who resist or fears progress.
It’s a call to anyone who wants to make a difference in their community, urging them to take action and be the change they wish to see.
25. “Run” by Joji
Unrequited love hurts, and Joji’s song “Run” expresses this pain. It’s about when love changes, and despite trying everything, it doesn’t work out. So, you feel like you have to run away from those feelings.
26. “Run It Up” by Lil Tjay, Offset, and Moneybagg Yo
“Run It Up” is a hip hop track that talks about running up the money and doing your own hustle just to get richer and richer. The rap is smooth and the tune will have you nodding your head. This track is part of Lil Tjay’s album Destined 2 Win.
27. “Ready To Run” by One Direction
28. “Run Rodolph Run” by Chuck Berry
29. “Run” The Ransom Collective
“Run” by Ransom Collective is all about pursuing happiness and making our old dreams come true. This song reminds us that we can still chase the goals we once had, with friends by our sides.
It’s an uplifting track that encourages us to follow our passions and adventures. Listen to it for a dose of inspiration.
30. “Run It!” by Chris Brown feat. Juelz Santana
Closing out the list with an R&B song by Chris Brown and Juelz Santana, “Run It!” is an energetic tune that’ll make you want to hit the dance floor.
It’s all about seizing the moment, taking action to pursue happiness and success, and boosting your confidence while having a blast.
There are lots of songs with “run” in their title. These are just a few of the many great tracks.
Whether you’re looking for a pump-up song for your next run or just want to reflect on the times when you’ve had to run away from your problems, these songs will do the trick. Thanks for reading!